POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CSG Challenge : Re: CSG Challenge Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG Challenge
From: clipka
Date: 24 Jul 2013 19:25:49
Message: <51f0627d@news.povray.org>
Am 24.07.2013 02:01, schrieb Shay:
> No blobs, SORs, isos, etc. Just the primitive primitives.
>
> Maybe I'm off my game, but this one took some head-scratching. 559
> pieces with the bounding and clipping objects.
>
> If you think you've got it figured out, try it. $50 to the POV-Ray
> wishlist (presuming this still exists) if anyone else can get it.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I come up with just 215 primitives + 69
containers (while for some reason I don't understand POV-Ray reports 82
finite objects and no infinite ones). Not using bounding though, which
makes it pretty slow to render, and I have no idea why I would want to
use clipping.

This is only proof of concept for the CSG though, with some of the
object placement parameters just being tweaked until they fit, rather
than having POV-Ray compute them automatically.

Ah, and of course I can't help but show off the blurred reflections
again :-P

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'shays_challenge.png' (531 KB)